Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sunglasses are my #1 accessory

I NEVER leave the house without a pair of sunglasses (unless it's at night, except in college I wore them at night a lot too).
I have tons of sunglasses and I never can seem to find the pair I want because they are all over the place. This weekend I decided to solve that problem by making a sunglasses holder....I couldn't think of a fancy name for it.
I went to the local goodwill and found a $2 picture frame. Found some fabric on clearance at hobby lobby that cost me $2.50. The most expensive item was the ribbon at $3 but I have a lot left over and will use it on something.

I told you the picture frame was ugly. I started off by taking out the picture and painting the frame gray.
Then I took the cardboard and glued on the fabric.

then I glued some ribbon onto the board. I glued it down on the ends and then added some glue in the middle to create sections so all my sunglasses wouldn't fall to the middle of the ribbon. I put the backing in the frame and then WOLA...You're done. Now add the sunglasses.



I just need to find somewhere to hang it in my room.
P.S. I used part of my hobby lobby gift card for the fabric and ribbon. I also got a Michael's giftcard that I know I will use in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Your Favorite AuntJune 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM

    Martha Jr: I found a saying on Pinterest I want to commission you to make for my Kitchen. I will try and e-mail it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud. (sniff, sniff)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the twins (cousin)June 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM

    I could use one of those for all my headbands! I love the idea I'll be sure to make one of my own!

    ReplyDelete