Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Anchor's Away

I know I haven't posted in a while but I was busy with holidays and everything then I went to Florida.
Florida was AMAZING and insanely warm, in the 80's everyday.
Now that I'm back in Missouri facing this cold weather I am really missing Florida. I decided I needed to make so new art for a wall in my room. I have been thinking about it for a while and finally came up with something I like. This is only one part of it....I'm making the rest right now and will post later.

I has a new obsession with this quote from the bible: We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.

I took a blank 11 x 14 canvas and painted the background. This was pure luck with how well this turned out. I just started mixing paint. I would add some white or more green or blue to turn it certain hues and paint. I love how awesome it all faded together. Then I printed off an anchor stencil online and traced it onto the bottom.


I put a few coats of paint on the anchor and let it dry. Then I printed off a quote online that I wanted to put on the top part of the canvas. I then colored with pencil all over the back of the quote. Laid the quote down on the canvas and traced over the words with a pencil. When I took off the paper it left a pencil outline of the quote on the canvas (which you can kindof see in the 2nd pic).




I then decided I wanted the quote to be in red. I traced over the words with a red sharpie which actually worked A LOT better than a paint pen would have. Noted for the future.
I am THRILLED with how well this turned out.
I'm making another painting to add next to it when I hang it on my wall. I will post that as soon as it is finished.

1 comment:

  1. It turned out beautiful!! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete