Wednesday, May 15, 2013

DIY Screen Print Tank

I have read several posts on Pinterest that show a DIY version of screen printing a shirt.
I finally decided I was going to try this out.
All you need is:
Freezer paper
Exacto Knife
Iron
Shirt
Fabric Paint

I started by tracing out my design on the freezer paper shiny side down. The shiny side is the side that will stick to the fabric. When I went to the game on Saturday I saw a guy wearing this shirt and thought it was awesome, so I went with that desgin.


Then you want to carefully cut out the design.
Next you iron on the freezer paper with the shiny side down. I ironed on mine alot because I didn't want any of the paint to bleed. I also made sure to iron on the little parts of letters really well.
I used white fabric paint and a piece of a foam brush. I cut it off to make it easier to dab the paint on.


Here is after one coat. I would let it dry about 30 min to an hour before you put on another coat since you want it build.



One I was done with my 3 coats I let it dry over night. The next day I pulled off the freezer paper. For the smaller parts of the letters I used a tweezers to get them off.



I can't believe how great this turn out! I'm sure this will be a staple in my Summer wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. That turned out great. I need to try that myself. What should I put on a shirt for summer?

    ReplyDelete