Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Touch of Gold

My bathroom at my new apartment has absolutely no storage so I've had to purchase a lot of random pieces to store everything. I bought a small 5 drawer tower that holds all my make up and hair stuff.
I also bought 2 glass containers that hold cotton balls. I decided this weekend I wanted them to look a little more put together.

Sparkle and metallic has become very popular lately. So I went off the the walmart spray paint section and bought a can of rustoleum gold paint. I already had the white primer on hand.

I took out the drawers and just painted the main part of the storage tower. Then painted just the tops of the glass container. I started off with 2 coats of white primer letting each coat dry for 30 minutes in between.



Then I added 2 layers of the gold paint also letting each coat dry for 30 minutes.



I love the little pop of color and shine they add to my bathroom and some how pull everything together. Because who says you can't be chic on a low budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment