Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Positively Pink

I have now painted 4 coolers and I have to say I think this one turned out the best. I’m slowly getting better at it the more I paint them.

This cooler was painted and put in a silent auction to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. After hours of scanning pinterest and the internet I came up with 4 great designs to each side. I bought the cooler from Target. I went with the igloo cube cooler. I have the same cooler and love it. It’s the perfect size just for me and it has a small compartment on top to put a few belongings like keys.



After finding the cooler I sanded a lot and then primed it really well. I used the paper to trace method to get the outlines on the cooler and paint the designs.




The two with the design backgrounds are the front and back. Then the other two are on the sides. I decided to go with a small just square type of pattern on each side of the designs to keep it cleaner looking all the way around.




1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!! Your coolers do get better each time. Hope it raises lots of money and awareness!! Your Favorite Aunt

    ReplyDelete