Tuesday, July 3, 2012

America!

Since the 4th of July is tomorrow it only seemed right to make a project that was flagged themed. So, of course I went for a tank because I need something to wear.
I have to say this was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I bought a tank top from the boy's section at Wal-Mart for $3.00. I already had red and blue paint.
I started by taping off the t-shirt for the stripes and stars.
I printed off some stars just on a word document and then cut them out and taped them down to the t-shirt.

Next I just started painting. This took a lot more paint than I thought it would. I put on quite a few layers.

Then I painted the stars section. Then I let it dry and pulled off the tape.

I have to say I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. I kind of like that the stripes and stars aren't perfect. Of course I will be wearing it tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Your Favorite AuntJuly 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM

    It looks perfect to me!! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one! Please!

    ReplyDelete