Thursday, July 26, 2012

Peace, Love, It's almost Friday!

This has been a long week. But on a good note I had my mid-review this week and it was GREAT! My boss told me I'm her top analyst and take more phone calls than anyone else. (There are people who have worked here for almost 30 years) So I was very excited.
On another note, I got some crafting in this week. A friend's birthday was a little while back and I've been meaning to finish up a few things for her. I've had the supplies for a while but I finally found the time to do it.
To start, I got all my supplies out. This just required a canvas, paint, paint brushes, and the wooden peace sign. There were so many other options at Hobby Lobby that I could have put on this but I decided to go with the peace sign.
I knew I wanted to do zebra print so I drew it out in pencil on my canvas. This could take a long time for someone who does not know how to free hand zebra print, but for some reason I'm really good at free handing it and it only took me a few minutes.

Next come the longest and most time consuming part. Painting the zebra print. This takes so long because you have to go slow and stay in your lines. This took about 2 coats of paint, which really isn't much paint at all.

While the zebra was drying I painted my peace sign. I went with bright red. This also took 2 coats and took a little while longer to dry.

Once they are both completely dry it is time to glue them together. I just used tacky glue, a lot of glue and put it on the canvas. Let the glue dry for 24 hours and your masterpiece is complete!

1 comment:

  1. Your Favorite AuntJuly 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM

    Congratulations on your review!! Very well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete