Friday, July 20, 2012

Just be Thankful

Today I can be nothing but thankful.
Thankful for the fact that I have a job that I love.
Thankful that I have 2 college degrees.
Thankful for my parents who are always there for me no matter what.
Thankful for my boyfriend who's always by my side and supports me.
Thankful for my family members who make sure there is never a dull moment in life.
Thankful for the fact that I have lived 23 years and have already experience so much.

On a different note today is an exciting day because…..the Cards play the Cubs!
This is a VERY touchy subject between my boyfriend and I (I secretly love it). He's a Cubs fan and I'm a Cardinals fan. We can't really talk about baseball because it becomes a heated discussion and we legitimately become mad.  I'm going to Arkansas this weekend to see the boy and packed a Cardinals shirt just for the sake of it! J
Today is goody day at work. Which means everyone brings something  to eat and we all share aka my healthy eating plans go out the window for the day.
Being that I have hardly any dishes for dips and cakes and what not I went to wal-mart last night to resolve this. I bought a cake carrier that also has an insert for cupcakes and deviled eggs (yuck).
I decided to make red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing, of course out of a box mix and can of icing but I do have 1 tip I would like to share. When you buy that icing in a jar it is always so compacted in the jar after sitting on the shelf for a while.
Put the icing in a bowl and mix it up with the mixer for a few minutes. This puts some air (and life) back into the frosting. I know it sounds crazy but the icing becomes a whole different, fluffier texture and actually tastes better.

My note for you today: You may not always being having a great day but focus on the positives. Love is as important as air, so take a deep breath and fall in love with something that makes you happy whether it's a person, hobby, or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment