Monday, October 8, 2012

Painted Cooler

Painting coolers has become quite a trend, and considering how much I use my cooler I knew I had to paint mine. I read a lot of other blog posts about people painting their coolers and the do's and dont's.
I have a really cute pink cooler with a ribbon for breast cancer awareness on the front.


I started by sanding the top of my cooler really well. Then I drew on my design.
I traced a cup for the circle. Then took a stencil and drew on the letter A.





I free handed the zebra print. Once I had everything drawn on. I got out a paint pen and started painting. Since my cooler lid is white I just filled in the circle with black going around the lettter. Then painted the zebra stripes black.
I added 2 coats of paint. Then let that dry for an hour.
I then added 2 coats of mod podge letting each coat dry for an hour.


This is only the lid of my cooler. I plan on painting the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment